Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF represents the interests of the solar heating and cooling industry, actively promoting the use of these technologies in Europe. Its membership covers the whole solar thermal heating value chain, from collector manufacturers to component suppliers, research institutes, service providers, national solar thermal and renewable energy associations.
Solar Heat Europe is looking for its next Managing Director.
It is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an outstanding professional (female or male), with ambitions to achieve further personal growth and visibility, together with the association, its Board, and the team.
The candidate, located in Brussels, should have 5 years of experience in an EU focused industrial association, a think tank, or a consulting company, an optimal understanding of EU policy analysis, and master sophisticated lobbying techniques. Experience in energy and environment space is a plus.
She/he will be in charge of the strategic positioning of the solar thermal sector, on the broader scenario of EU energy transition, with the following goals:
- Increase the specific weight of solar thermal in future EU energy mix.
- Support steering the regulatory framework to take more and more into account the potential of solar in the mix and obtain support to new investments and R&I for the sector.
- Increase the visibility of solar thermal solution among all public and private stakeholders.
- Widen the membership base of the association.
- Fundraise for the association, both via the participation to EU funded projects, and through targeted private fundraising activities.
- Represent the association in a variety of networking and lobbying events.
The candidate should possess a broad skill set and crucial assets, including but not limited to:
- Strategical thinking and powerful analysis skills
- Strong leadership and independence
- Communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships
- Existing network and good reputation among stakeholders, in particular within EU institutions.
- Passion for sustainable energy and climate change policy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret the “vision” for the sector’s development and translate it into a well-structured action plan.
- Proficiency in English: speaking and writing.
- Additional Language skills are a plus.
The position of Managing Director reports directly to the BoD and its President.
The Board takes a hands-on approach and is committed to supporting the MD in this delicate historical phase when decisions are made which will ultimately impact the solar thermal industry for decades and ultimately the lives of all EU citizens.
It is therefore a challenging task for a bold and assertive personality, pragmatic, ambitious, and hard working.
Solar Heat Europe offers to a young energetic leader the opportunity to stand out and build this vision.
The terms and conditions of the contract will be subject to Belgian law. The successful applicant will be offered a contract, starting March 2023. Salary will be determined according to qualifications.
Applicants should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Call for Managing Director” in the subject line. The e-mail must include a short text with the applicant’s motivation and, in annex, a short CV.
Deadline for applications is 30 November 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. For more information on Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF, please visit SolarHeatEurope.eu
Personal Data Management
Please note that your Resumé, motivation letter and contact will be stored for 6 months in case we need to launch an additional recruitment phase. Once this duration has been reached, your data will be deleted from our server.
In case, you have any questions related to the management of your personal data, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.