Over one year ago, Solar Heat Europe launched a new taskforce on PVT (Photovoltaic-Thermal) collectors. The work of the taskforce over this period has been reported to Solar Heat Europe members at an online workshop on the 3rd December, an event preceding the Ordinary General Assembly of the association.
The PVT taskforce works on identifying the main market barriers for PVT collectors and define a path towards broader deployment of this technology. Some of the topics addressed include competitivity and access to support schemes, quality assurance in relation to modules and installation or even public awareness about this solution. The presentation provided during the workshop and the recording are available in the members area of SHE’s website.
A new cycle is starting and there is a new opportunity to join this taskforce.
The next meeting is foreseen for the end of January and all those interested can contact our Secretariat. In this specific taskforce, the participation of PVT companies that are not members of Solar Heat Europe is exceptionally possible.
Click on this Link to join the PVT taskforce.
The main topics to be addressed during 2021 include:
Political recognition of PVT
- Aiming for PVT in support programs
- PVT considered in reopened RES Directive
- Political arguments in SHE’s position paper
- PVT considered in main studies and reports’
- Compile promotional materials (SHE’s resource centre)
- Factsheet on PVT technology and market
- Support PVT presence in solar thermal market reports
- Follow-up of work in IEA-SHC taskforce 60
For additional clarifications regarding the PVT taskforce, please contact email@example.com.