LabelPack A+ is coordinated by Solar Heat Europe and runs under H2020. The purpose of the project is to inform individuals about Energy Labelling with focus on the package label for highly efficient combinations of conventional and renewable heating systems. It aims at supporting professionals in the heating market to better approach their responsibilities within this legal framework and help the end-consumer to get the most out of the energy labelling and to make more efficient choices.
The project addresses in particular one of the main challenges posed by the energy labelling process in relation to other Energy-related Products: the issue of the package label by installers. To meet this challenge the industry, retailers and installers must be prepared, including the communication to the final consumer. Therefore, the main objectives of the project are to:
- Provide guidelines, as well as standardized answers to clarify the responsibility of each actor in the supply chain. These activities will, in particular, focus on installers and SMEs, who might be facing specific implementation challenges;
- Facilitate the exchange of product fiches and product related information on the format of equipment’s databases, available to all the actors in the energy labelling process;
- Apply the energy labelling calculation methodology and make it available to all the actors in the supply chain in the form of a user-friendly online calculation tool;
- Develop and provide industry specific training material, especially focusing on the responsibilities’ and roles of installers in the energy labelling process;
- Provide tailor-made information for end consumers, which will either be directly accessible by them, or used by dealers to explain the significance and added value of the “package label”;
- Provide consolidated expertise on the energy labelling process to the Commission and national authorities, based on the experiences gathered on the pilot implementation in the participating countries.