Climate change, energy security, urban densification, energy poverty, the world is changing and bringing along new challenges for industry and policymakers. In this complex environment, some say the climate crisis may have become the mother of all crises… But are we up to the job?
With over 75% of the world’s population living in cities, making urban areas smarter, more sustainable and resilient is a pre-requisite to deliver more prosperous societies. The demand for local and sustainable heating sources has never been higher, and the growing need for cooling is evident across the globe. For District Heating and Cooling, that means an era of both tremendous growth and profound transformation!
DHC networks have now established themselves as critical enablers to foster the development of local energy transitions, but also as a versatile and competitive decarbonisation solution for cities.
The 2023 edition of the International Euroheat & Power Congress will look into the most promising pathways for District Heating & Cooling to play its part in solving the global energy & climate crisis, spurring local change for global impact. It will explore the following topics:
- What are the market prospects for sustainable and efficient DHC systems around the globe?
- How is the current energy crisis reshuffling the deck for DHC companies?
- What are the most promising technologies for DHC decarbonisation and key innovation trends?
- Will Power-to-Heat deliver a concrete market opportunity for DHC?
- What innovative financing schemes and market instruments are needed?