On September 11th, 2018, in Rapperswil (Switzerland), the European Solar Thermal Technology Panel (ESTTP) has appointed a new Steering Committe. The meeting has also been the opportunity for the newly appointed committee to name a chairperson, Marco Calderoni (R2M) and two vice-chairs, Werner Weiss (AEE INTEC) and Guglielmo Cioni (TVP Solar). Marco Calderoni and Werner Weiss will also be the representatives of ESTTP at the Board of the RHC-ETIP.
The ESTTP Steering Committee has a major role in leading and strengthening the work of the Solar Thermal Technology Panel of the Renewable Heating & Cooling – European Technology and Innovation Platform (RHC-ETIP); a platform gathering experts from all the Renewable Energy Sources sector to define a common strategy for increasing the use of renewable energy technologies for heating and cooling.
The current ESTTP Steering Committee is composed of 18 members from nine different countries. These members have diverse experience in the solar thermal field, with various backgrounds, either from the private or public sector, representing industry, research, educational and (inter)governmental fields.
The new ESTTP Steering Committee is now comprised of the following members:
- Bernd Hafner – Viessmann (France)
- Christian Holter –O.L.I.D. (Austria)
- Christian Zahler – Industrial Solar GmbH (Germany)
- Guglielmo Cioni – TVP Solar S.A. (Italy)
- Harry Michalopoulos – SAMMLER B. Michalopoulos AEBE (Greece)
- Kaj Pischow – Savo-Solar Oy (Finland)
- Marta San Román – Orkli S.Coop (Mondragron Group) (Spain)
- Thomas Weidemann – Ritter Energie- und Umwelttechnik GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Daniel Mugnier – TECSOL (France)
- Harald Drück – ICTE, University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Jan-Olof Dalenbäck – Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
- Marco Calderoni – R2M Solution (Italy)
- Maria João Carvalho – LNEG (Portugal)
- Robert Buchinger – Sunlumo (Austria)
- Théocharis Tsoutsos – Technical University of Crete (Greece)
- Werner Weiss – AEE INTEC (Austria)
- Nigel Cotton – ECI (EU)
- Pascual Polo – ASIT, Spanish Solar Thermal Industry Association (Spain)